Managing your payments in India
You can use the console to add a credit or debit card to your account.
AISPL charges your card 2 INR as part of the credit or debit card verification process. AISPL refunds the 2 INR after verification is complete.
If you use Visa or Mastercard, you might be redirected to your bank to authorize the verification charge.
To add a credit or debit card to your AISPL account
Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the AWS Billing console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/billing/ .
In the navigation pane, choose Payment Methods.
Choose Add a card.
For the credit or debit card fields, enter the information, including the card verification value (CVV), and then choose Continue.
For the credit or debit card information fields, enter your card billing address.
(Optional) Select Make Default.
(If you chose Make Default) In the dialog box, choose Ok.
To view your saved credit cards on Amazon, first log in to your account. Once you are logged in, click on the “Your Account” tab at the top of the page. From there, select “Manage Your Credit Cards” from the drop-down menu. This will bring you to a page where you can see all of the credit cards that are saved in your account.
To remove a card from your Amazon account, go to Your Account and then select the Payment Methods tab. Under the Payment Methods tab, you will see a list of all the payment methods associated with your account. To remove a card, click on the “X” next to the card you want to remove.
Your saved credit cards are located in the “Saved Credit Cards” section of the “My Accounts” tab. To view your saved credit cards, click on “My Accounts” and then select “Saved Credit Cards.
To change your debit card on Amazon, first log in to your account. Then, click on the “Your Account” tab and select “Change Payment Method.” From there, you can enter your new debit card information.
There are a few ways to see your full credit card number. One way is to look at the front of your credit card. The full number will be printed on the card. Another way is to log in to your online banking account and view your account statement. Your full credit card number will be included on the statement.
Your Amazon Payments account is located in the “Accounts and Settings” section of your Amazon.com account. To access your Amazon Payments account, click on the “Your Account” link at the top of any Amazon.com page, and then select the “Payments and Gift Cards” tab.
To add your Amazon store card to your account, you will need to provide your name, address, and phone number. You can then add your card number and expiration date.
There are a few ways to take your credit card off your iPhone.
One way is to go to Settings and tap Wallet & Apple Pay. Tap your credit card and then tap Remove Card.
Another way is to open the Wallet app and then tap the credit card you want to remove. Tap Remove Card and then confirm by tapping Remove again.
To change your payment method on Amazon, first log in to your account. Next, click on “Your Account” and then “Manage Payment Options.” Finally, select the payment method you would like to use and click “Update.
There are a few reasons why Amazon might not accept your debit card. One possibility is that the card is not valid for international transactions. Another possibility is that there may be a problem with the card’s security features. If you’re not sure why Amazon isn’t accepting your debit card, you can contact your bank for more information.
To add a debit card to your Amazon payment, first go to your account settings. Under “payment methods,” click “add a payment method.” Then, select “debit card” and fill in the required information.
The “edit my account settings” link is located at the bottom of the “Your Account” page on Amazon.com. This page allows you to change your account settings, including your password, email address, and payment information.
To find your saved cards on your iPhone, open the Wallet app and tap the plus sign in the upper-right corner of the screen. Then, enter your card’s information.
To find out your card details on your phone, open the Settings app and tap on Wallet & Apple Pay. Under the Card Details section, you will see all of your card information.
To find your saved credit cards on your iPhone, open the Wallet app and tap the + sign in the top-right corner. Then, enter the card details and tap Add.
How to Remove Credit Card From Amazon on Computer
Personal computers drive 53.3% of consumers’ time on online shopping. While personal computers may not carry high risks to security, users need to know how to remove cards from Amazon if they’re shopping from their computers.
The following steps will show you how to delete a credit card from Amazon:
- Go to the Amazon site from your browser or desktop application and log in to your Amazon account;
- Look for the ‘account and lists’ option in the top upper-right corner. Then, go to ‘your account’;
- Click on the ‘payment option’, found under ‘ordering and shopping preferences‘;
- Go to ‘Your credit and debit cards’ and select the card you wish to delete from your account;
- Click the ‘remove‘ button. Then, finalize removing the credit card from Amazon with the ‘confirm remove’ button.
How to Delete a Credit Card From an Amazon Account on Mobile
Mobile phones are the most widely used mode for online shopping. Stats show that 79% of US consumers use phones as their primary mode of virtual purchases. But many customers are not versed on how to remove the card from amazon. To successfully erase your card details from Amazon, follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon app from your mobile device and navigate to your account at the bottom of your screen. Log in if you haven’t already;
- Click on ‘your account’ and then select ‘your payments’;
- Click the ‘wallet’ tab and scroll down to select the card you wish to remove;
- Once you confirm your card removal, click on ‘remove’ to cut out your credit details from your mobile device.
Remember to add new and different credit card details once you’ve deleted your first embedded one. This, however, only applies to accounts that were previously connected to that particular card.
How to Change Credit Card Details on Amazon
Typically, customers who have maxed out their credit card tend to look for an option to switch cards for more convenience rather than delete a credit card on Amazon. Amazon has made payments convenient for users by providing the option to swap out their credit card details rather than delete them, allowing users to reuse the card once their credit has been paid and the credit ban lifted.
As complicated as it might sound, it’s quite simple to change the details of your credit card connected to your Amazon account. You can manage your payments from your computer or mobile applications with ease. For those looking to switch their details from their mobile devices, the following steps may be helpful:
- Go to your Amazon app and select ‘your account’ on your mobile device;
- Select ‘your payments’ from the available options;
- Two options (‘edit’ or ‘remove‘) are available from the drop-down box. Select the ‘edit‘ option to make changes to your card details;
- On-screen instructions about the entrance and the required criteria are now seen. Fill in your details accordingly;
- Select ‘submit‘ for your new details to be relevant.
For customers who often ask—while updating their credit card—how to remove the card from amazon when it’s still connected to their Amazon account, card issuers may automatically send updated details to your Amazon account. But this carries a limited amount of risk. Suppose you didn’t update the card—you still have the option to remove the connection to avoid losses.
Customers can also add a new payment method—a new card (debit/credit) while ordering items via the ‘select payment method‘ page. The details you enter during this time will automatically be saved for future reference. So be very careful about the information you enter if you wish to avoid repeating the same process.
The variation in devices while changing payment methods shouldn’t be a problem since the steps to be followed on mobile and computer devices are the same. The only difference lies in the displays.
Sometimes, the removal or editing of credit card details is a mere case of low credit margin, the card’s expiration, or other minor problems. But shoppers who tend to spend lavishly, without much concern for credit value, can put themselves under huge debt. Therefore, some customers delete a credit card from Amazon to avoid such issues.
Detailed information on how to remove credit cards from Amazon should make it much easier for consumers to do these tasks themselves. During the process, edits and removal of credit card details on your Amazon page will be easier if customers stick to the steps mentioned above. Problems often arise during the swapping of cards and changes in modes of payment.
For more details on how to remove the card from Amazon, you can always reference their official web page in the help and customer service section.
All payments made from your Amazon account can be edited and changed anytime:
- Go to the Amazon app from your device or log in from chrome directly;
- Click on the accounts option and choose ‘your account’ from the drop-down list;
- Go to the payment options;
- You’ll be provided with options to change the following details in your Amazon wallet: Name on the card of payment, the expiration date of the card, and billing address;
- Enter your new details and click on ‘confirm’ to finalize the changes;
- If you wish to change entire information sections about your card, you must erase and re-enter the latest updated details.
(You can learn more about card updates on the Amazon account updater.)
If you wish to delete cards from Amazon, it can vary a bit from androids. To avoid any inaccuracies, follow the listed steps:
- Sign in to your Amazon account;
- Go to your account option from the drop-down menu;
- Select the fourth option, ‘manage payment options’ (under the Amazon Wallet);
- Below the expiration date (on the right-hand side) for each credit card listed on your Amazon account is a delete option. Once you click on this, select ‘confirm’;
- Select the ‘update’ button at the bottom of the page to apply your recent changes;
(The credit card you deleted will no longer be included in the payment mode.)
Follow the steps mentioned in the article above. If you’re still unclear as to how to remove a credit card from Amazon, you can follow these shortcuts:
- Go to your Amazon app and log in;
- Click on your linked account and go to the payment options;
- Select the payment option you wish to remove and confirm the deletion.
by Ofelia Fiume
When she couldn’t decide between being a nurse, a psychotherapist, and a financial genius, Ofelia decided to do all three. Her interests run far and wide, and she loves researching about everything you get to read on our website. Credit cards or top-notch software, she’s here to tell it all like it is.
Latest from Ofelia
WHAT WE HAVE ON THIS PAGE
How to Delete a Credit Card From an Amazon Account on Mobile
How to Change Credit Card Details on Amazon
How to remove a credit card from Amazon using the website
Click on Accounts and lists under your name at the top right corner of the Amazon website to open the Your account page.
Select Your payments to open your Amazon wallet page. You will see a list of all the cards and bank accounts linked to your Amazon account. If you have an Amazon account in different countries linked to the same email address, you might also see your international cards on the list.
Click on the card you want to delete and click Edit.
Choose Remove from wallet on the payment edit page and confirm your selection to delete the credit card from Amazon.
How to Add a Credit Card to Your an Amazon Account
After removing your credit card from your Amazon account, you may want to add a new debit card or credit card to make purchases with.
If this sounds like you, here’s what you should do:
- Go to your Amazon account and sign in using your email address and password.
- Look for the Accounts and Lists section.
- You should see the “Accounts” option here. Click it.
- The new list of options should include “Your Payments.” Again, click it.
- Next, click “Cards and accounts.” As the name implies, this is where you should find all the cards and accounts associated with your account.
- There should be a button there saying, “Add a payment method.” Click this button.
- After that, you’ll be asked what payment method to add. Click “Add a credit or debit card.”
- You have to type in the details of your chosen credit card.
- Make sure you type everything correctly. Once you’re done, click on the “Add your card” button.
- A confirmation message will show. Again, double-check if you entered all your credit card information correctly.
- After confirming it, your new credit card will then be added to your Amazon account.
And that’s it. You now have a new payment method added to your Amazon account.
Amazon offers a feature to remove items from your account called “Remove from My Amazon.” This can be found on the Manage Your Content and Devices page.
To remove the card from your Amazon account, you will need to contact Amazon’s customer service team.
Open the Google Pay app on your phone and tap the “Saved Cards” tab on the top right. You’ll see a list of all your saved cards. Tap the card you want to delete and you’ll be given an option to delete it.
It is possible to edit a saved card on Amazon. To do this, you will need to click on the “Your Account” tab and then go to “Your Orders.” After that, click on the order in question and then click “Edit Address.” You will be able to change the address of your order there.
Go to the “Gift Registry” tab. Click on “Manage your registry.” Click on the button that says “Remove item from registry.” Click on the “Select Gift Card” button. Click on the gift card you want to delete. Click on the “Remove this gift card” button.
Yes, you can change the payment method before or after ordering a product from Amazon. To do this, go to your account and select “Your Account” on the left side of the screen. From there, select “Make a Payment” and choose a new payment method.
Open up the Settings app on your iPhone. Scroll down to the “iTunes & App Store” section and tap it. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen, then tap “View Apple ID.” Enter your password if prompted. Tap “Payment Methods” at the bottom of the screen. You’ll see a list of all the payment methods associated with your account. Tap on one to remove it from your account.
To cancel your Amazon Mastercard, you must first login to your account on the Amazon website. Once logged in, go to “Your Account” and select “Manage Payment Options.” From there, click on “Cancel Card” and follow the prompts.
You can delete an address from your Amazon account by clicking on the “Your Account” tab at the top of the page. Then click on “Manage Your Address Book.” Scroll down to the section marked, “Add or Remove an Address.” Click on the red button next to the address you want to delete and then click, “Remove this address.
Yes, you can. Once you purchase an item on Amazon, it will be in your order history and you can remove it from your account.
You can remove the item from your order history by going to “Your Account” and selecting “Your Orders.” Next, select the order in which the item was purchased and click “Actions,” then “Remove,” and finally “Confirm.
To delete an AutoFill card, go to the Settings app and tap on Safari. From there, you can select the AutoFill tab and then tap on Edit. You should see a list of all of your AutoFill cards that you’ve saved in Safari. To delete one, just swipe left on it and tap Delete Card.
The credit card information is stored in a file called “com.apple.mobilepurchase.plist” and it is located in the “var/mobile/Library/Preferences/” directory on your phone.
The edit my account settings on Amazon can be found in the following locations:
1) Account Settings
2) Manage Your Content and Devices
3) (Edit Account Information)
Visit the Amazon App Store, tap on the three line icon in the top left corner of your screen. This will bring up a list of options, select “Settings”. On the Settings page, select “Accounts” and then “Your Account”. From there you should be able to delete your account.
Delete Amazon Saved Card: 7 Simple Steps (With Pictures)
Step 1: Open the Amazon App: First, look for the Amazon icon on your mobile device. However, if you Can’t seem to locate the icon of Amazon then you’ll need to download it from the Google Play Store app.
- Go to the Google Play Store. Search “Amazon” and click on the download button to install the app.
- Else, open your Google Chrome Browser and from there you can go to the official website of amazon.
- Make sure that your network connectivity is good, otherwise the app will take a lot of time to load.
Step 2: Tap on the 3 dot button below: We will click on the app to open it. Login user Id using Amazon’s logging details. You can either log in by using your Mobile number or by registered mail.
- If in case you do not remember the password, try logging in by generating OTP or click on forget the password to set a new password.
- Next, at the bottom, as you can see in this picture, different options are available.
- To your right-hand side, you can see there are three lines or dots present.
- Tap on the “3 dot button” to open the menu.
Step 3: Tap on «Your things» in Amazon: You’ll be able to see different options. Click on “Your Things” as shown in the picture below. It looks like a brown cardboard carton with amazon’s signature logo on it.
Step 4: Tap on «Your Account» in Amazon App: After you click on the “Your Things” icon, now on your screen, multiple options may be visible. Like, ‘Buy Again’, ‘Your wish list’, ‘Your Account’, ‘Your Transactions’, etc.
Now, click on «Your Account” because we need to delete amazon’s saved card details.
Step 5: Tap on «Manage Payment»: After you click on the “Your Account” icon, a new menu with many options will appear, and within that menu, you will see an option labeled “Manage Payment Options” To continue, you will need to select that option.
Step 6: Tap on «Remove»: Now, » Manage payment options» will lead you to a new page where you will find all the card details saved by you while shopping. Scroll and select the one which you wish to delete.
- Your card details (Name, Expiry dates, etc.) will be in front of your screen. Amazon provides two options here, either you can edit it or delete it.
- Well, we want to delete the saved card details so we’ll click on «Remove» to delete the saved card details.
Step 7: Tap «Confirm»: After selecting «Remove» finally just click on «confirm» to delete all your saved card details.
That’s all it takes to deactivate an Amazon credit card. Your previous payment method has been removed from your account. When you check out on Amazon, it will no longer appear.
It will also vanish from any Amazon Pay-enabled sites. It’s also worth noting that if a card detail changes, such as the billing address, you may just click «Edit» rather than «Delete» to change it.
You can also delete subscriptions if not required. Learn how to delete amazon subscriptions in easy way.
How to Remove Payment Method from Amazon
You can remove payment method from Amazon via the Payment options section in the Amazon account. Keep reading to find out the steps explaining the same in detail further in this article.
Note: The following guide is explicitly meant for Amazon Marketplace in India, which can be accessed through the Amazon India website. Customers from other Amazon Marketplace are requested to refer to their respective Amazon websites before making any changes to their accounts.
What are the Different Payment Methods in Amazon?
The different payment methods on Amazon are listed below:
- Cash On Delivery (COD)
- Credit/Debit Cards like Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club, and JCB
- Net Banking
- Easy Monthly Installments (EMI)
- Unified Payment Interface (UPI)
Is Cash on Delivery Option Available on Amazon?
Yes. However, you must check whether the seller accepts cash on delivery during checkout. The Cash On Delivery option can be used as a payment method on Amazon only for orders less than Rs. 50,000. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Amazon has temporarily disabled Cash On Delivery.
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon?
To remove a card, follow these instructions on how to remove payment method from Amazon:
1. Visit the Amazon website and Sign-In to your account.
2. Click on Accounts & Lists from the top of the screen.
3. Click on Payment options.
4. Click on the Manage Payment Methods to see your saved credit cards and debit cards.
5. Click on the desired credit or debit card to expand it.
6. Click on Remove, as shown.
7. Click on Confirm remove from the pop-up to remove card from Amazon payment option.
How to Remove a Debit Card from Amazon?
Follow the below steps on how to remove payment method from Amazon:
Note: Make sure you are logged in to your Amazon account before attempting to perform the below-mentioned steps.
2. Click on Accounts & Lists > Payment options.
3. Scroll down the Manage Payment Methods page and click on the desired credit or debit card.
4. From the expanded menu, click on Remove > Confirm remove.
How to Change Card Details in Amazon?
Follow the below steps to change card details on Amazon:
2. Click on Accounts & Lists.
3. Click on Payment options > desired card.
4. Click on Edit from the expanded menu.
5. Modify the desired fields, such as Name on card and Expiry date, as shown below.
6. Click on Save.
How to Remove a Bank Account from Amazon?
Follow the below steps to remove a bank account from Amazon:
1. Sign-In to your Amazon account and click on Accounts & Lists > Payment options.
2. Click on Manage Bank Accounts.
3. Locate the desired bank account you want to remove, and click on Delete for it.
Can You Add a Payment Method Again After Deleting it?
Yes. You can add a payment method or edit it after deleting it.
How to Switch Between Payment Methods on Amazon?
Follow the below steps to switch between payment methods on Amazon:
1. Visit the Amazon website on your browser.
2. Sign-In to your Amazon account and click on Accounts & Lists from the top right corner.
3. Click on Payment options.
4. Click on Set a preference under the PAYMENT METHOD section, as shown below.
5. Locate the desired payment method and click on Make default.
6. Choose from saved credit and debit cards or Bank accounts. Then, click on Continue.
Does All Payment Methods Get Deleted When You Delete Amazon Account?
Yes. By deleting the Amazon account, everything gets deleted. You will not be able to see your purchase history, invoices, and all Amazon services associated with the account.
We hope that this article was helpful and you have learned how to remove payment method from Amazon. If there are any doubts or suggestions, share them in the comment below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.
Pete is a Senior staff writer at TechCult. Pete loves all things technology and is also an avid DIYer at heart. He has a decade of experience writing how-tos, features, and technology guides on the internet.
Internet scams and phishing
We know that you try to protect yourself from fraud on the internet. The information that follows is designed to help you identify and avoid internet scams and phishing attempts.
Be wary of internet scams
- Payment requests for Amazon.com Gift Card claim codes — Do not provide an Amazon.com Gift Card claim code by phone, text, or email as a form of payment to a third-party merchant. Amazon Pay will not send you an invoice asking you to pay by Amazon.com Gift Cards. Amazon.com Gift Cards entered into your Amazon.com account cannot be used when making purchases with Amazon Pay on third-party websites. To learn more, see Common Gift Card Scams.
- Payments that are made off the merchant site — Do not complete any payment for a purchase that directs you away from the merchant site.
- Payments to guarantee the transaction — Do not share Amazon.com Gift Card claim codes or send money — by cash, wire transfer, Western Union, PayPal, MoneyGram or other means, including by Amazon Pay — to a merchant who claims that Amazon or Amazon Pay will guarantee the transaction, refund your funds if you are not satisfied with the purchase, or hold your funds in escrow.
- Payments to receive a large amount of money — Do not make a payment to claim lottery or prize winnings, or on a promise of receiving a large amount of money.
- Payments to guarantee a credit card or loan — Do not make a payment because you are «guaranteed» a credit card or loan.
- Offers that seem too good to be true — Do not respond to an internet ad or phone offer for an item that is priced far below market value and that the seller claims a need to sell quickly.
- Payments to someone whose identity you can’t confirm — Do not make a payment to someone you don’t know or whose identity you can’t verify.
When in doubt, ask the intended recipient for more information about the purpose and safety of the requested payment. Do not send the payment until you are comfortable with the transaction.
Identifying phishing or spoofed emails
From time to time you might receive emails that look like they come from Amazon Pay, but they are falsified. These emails might direct you to a website that looks similar to the Amazon Pay website. You might even be asked to provide account information like your email address and password combination.
These false websites can steal your sensitive login or payment information, which is then used to commit fraud. Some phishing messages contain potential viruses or malware that can detect passwords or sensitive data. We recommend that you install an anti-virus program and keep it updated at all times.
Here are some key points related to fraudulent emails:
- Know what Amazon Pay will not ask you to provide in an email
Amazon Pay might sometimes need to ask you for important information, but you will always be directed to provide this information through the Amazon Pay website.
You should not provide personal information like the following in an email:
- Your full or partial social security number or tax identification number
- Your date of birth
- Your credit card number, PIN, or credit card security code (including «updates» to any of the above)
- Be wary of attachments in suspicious emails
We recommend that you do not open any email attachments from suspicious or unknown sources. Email attachments can contain viruses that can infect your computer when the attachment is opened or accessed. If you receive a suspicious email purportedly sent from Amazon Pay and that email contains an attachment, we recommend that you delete the email — do not open the attachment.
- Look for grammatical or typographical errors
Be on the lookout for poor grammar or typographical errors. Some phishing emails are translated from other languages or are sent without being proofread and, as a result, contain bad grammar or typographical errors.
- Check the return address
Is the email from Amazon Pay? While phishers can send forged email to make it look like it came from Amazon Pay, you can sometimes determine whether or not it’s authentic by checking the return address. If the «from» line of the email looks like «firstname.lastname@example.org» or «email@example.com» or contains the name of another internet service provider, you can be sure it is a fraudulent email.
- Check the website address:
Genuine Amazon Pay websites are always hosted on one of the following domains:
Sometimes the link included in spoofed emails looks like a genuine Amazon Pay address. You can check where it actually points to by pointing to the link; the actual website to which it points will be shown in the status bar at the bottom of your browser window or as a pop-up.